Monday, January 17, 2011

Portrait Shoot with Amy and Nolan in Salem Oregon

Tonight, I was greatly privileged to work with one of the most gracious mothers I have been blessed to meet and get to know. Amy is the mother of a wonderful little man by the name of Nolan, sharing the same name as my favorite baseball player; Nolan Ryan. We shot at the studio of PeoplePhotos.biz, owned by Chris David. Chris also assisted me with the shoot. Thank you Chris for your help. Your graciousness and welcoming nature made all of feel right at home.

Nolan was a joy to work with. I got to see his playful side, his tired side and just how special this little man can be. Seeing the love in his eyes for his mom was a particularly special moment of the shoot. These shots are simply a sample of what I captured, and as is usual, I am saving my best shots for Nolan and Amy. 

 As much as Nolan is a joy, Amy is a one of the most loving and strong woman and mother I have ever come to know. Nolan has Cytomegalovirus, also known as CMV. I strongly recommend that you read and learn more about CMV. I was stunned to hear some of the information about CMV and since Amy probably isn't available to educate you, I will share some links on her behalf:

Amy is also very active in the CMV community and as part of the portrait shoot, we took some time to shoot some photos for the Stop CMV campaign. Amy, Nolan; Thank you for your patience and big hearts as we put this shoot together. I experience with both of you touched me deeply. The photos will be ready by the end of week and I can't wait to share the results with you. 

No comments: